Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Brand New Me

It's been a little over a month being at my new home and I've been adjusting pretty well. I feel like I've changed as a person. I am a lot more confident in what I have to say and how I want to express myself. I've been engaging and doing everything I could because opportunity only happens so many times. I want to be able to grasp all the options I have and knowing I tried is what really matters to me.

When I say, "Brand New Me," a lot of people may wonder what I mean by that, so let me take some time to elaborate on what I really mean. As I've mentioned in my previous blog, I've been accepted into this amazing program. There is only one thing I feel constantly is "grateful" because I am given the opportunity to enhance my hidden skills I've never knew about and being able to know myself a little more. I used to be someone who never really cared about my appearances, had very bad time management, and was not a very detailed or organized person. I have to say, this program have definitely pushed me over my limits.

I am proud to say, I dress like a professional every single day and I am at least one hour early to make sure I can do some last minute things I haven't completed or need to brush up on. People would say, "Why do you come here so early?" My answer of course would be, "I would rather be early than late." Like, I've mentioned I was a person who never really manged my time wisely, so I was constantly procrastinating (not that I don't do that now, but I am working on it) and not being aware of what needs to be done. I improved by making a list of things I have to do. For example, when I go grocery shopping I will prepare a list of things I need to buy and I try to break things down from needs/wants. 

I am not ashamed to admit, but I lived at home probably all my life. This move was definitely a milestone or biggest change of my life. I've been preparing my own meals and packing my own lunch. We all know when you work in a financial area or district food are higher than normal because business owners tend to overprice their stuff. I can't say I don't go out and eat at all, but I am a lot more considerate in how I spend my money and where I spend my money. Things just aren't the same because I am on my own and I have to take the time to figure out what is necessary and what is now. 

Before, I moved I thought I would never cook and the only thing I would cook is Ramen. The first thing I did when I moved here was going to the supermarket and getting a box of Ramen. I am proud to say that I've only eaten maybe two or three packets in the past month because I've been making food from scratch. It may seem like nothing, but this is a huge accomplishment for me. I look back and reflect what happened the past month I feel like I am different and more stronger as a whole. 

I am cherishing and grasping every opportunity that hits me because things don't come easily. I am working hard and hoping it will pay off in the future. I, myself, know that it will be worth it in the long run. I am ready for some more new changes and what God has in store for me. 

No comments: