Saturday, October 9, 2010

Weekly exams, oh joy!

I went through my syllabus for all of my classes to see the schedules for the whole term, like when will I have test and etc. Also, I talked to my Human Development teacher and she said we're allowed to use "8 1/2 by 11" paper front and back for our notes. I asked around to make sure it's printer paper because it just sounded way too good to be true, so right now I feel kind of good about this exam. You don't even want to know how much I can fit into a 8 1/2 by 11 paper. It's going to be so awesome, since I have a study guide to go along with it. I will just need to write all the stuff I need to know from study guide into my paper, then transfer the rest into my head. The lecture classes I've taken before only allowed me to use a index card, probably the smallest size.

It feels good to know that I'll do good on one exam because there's only four in this class. On another note, my first Anatomy and Physiology lecture exam is this week also. I am kind of iffy about it, even though I've taken this class before but I still need to go over the study guides and the notes to make sure I have a better understand because NO NOTE CARDS/AID. That' sucks, but I will try my best to do really good on this exam because I want to pass and excel to the next level next term. Also, I want to be able to have a nice sparkling GPA. I mean, who doesn't?

My other two exams; nothing new, it happens every week. Medical Terminology and my MA class, those are the reoccurring exams that I get weekly. I try my best to study them and try to remember most of the Med Term. I did pretty good on my first exam, but I made some silly mistake at the end, which resulted in a few point lost. I need to make sure I triple check instead of double check but then it's really hard sometimes when you're in a test taking more. I feel anxious and nervous; praying I'll remember what I studied for. There is two parts to my Med Term exam: one fill in the blank (spelling has to be precise) and Multiple choice. It's usually about 100 questions. I look forward to Multiple choice because there's always that 50/50 chance.

I feel that I am doing a lot better when exam taking because I study and know what the concepts are, so it's not hard to pick out which one is the correct answer. Also, I learn to watch out for the spelling errors he tries to mix with the answers. In any Med Field, spelling is very important so everything has to be perfect because in many cases one letter can make a difference in a word.

My MA class is about four hours long, like WOAH!! Yeah I know, and there is nothing I can do about it. It can be frustrating for me sometimes because the teacher can go from being jolly, moody, or just strict. Everyone has been warned and beware of her mood changes. I hope I'll make it through safely. The exam I took last week, I think I did okay, but I want to know I did great because it's the feeling of accomplishments. My goal this month is to go find an observation site, so I can finish this report. A few of my classmates has already finished theirs and it was really interesting to hear about their day observing a MA. I can't wait till I get mines done, then I will really know if I will enjoy the profession I picked out.

This was sure a LONG update; it's my fault for lacking so much. That pretty much sums up my week(s) because it's reoccurring like I've mentioned before. My birthday is coming, but I am not ready for it because that means term is coming to a end and midterms and finals are calling my name. That's it for now. . .

It indeed was pretty long, but it should make up for the lack of days I haven't blogged because I've been busy studying. . .

1 comment:

Nonners said...

Thanks Nannerz! Your nickname is kind of like mine, Nonners! Haha.

College is tough, pull-through. The real world/working is much easier (or at least less stressful), in my opinion!