Friday, September 17, 2010

Withdrawal from Sc2. . .

I have never felt this and never really thought I would be so addicted to Starcraft II. I lost track of time from how long I was on that game. I had to put myself to a stop because school is starting soon and I don't want to interfere with my school work. Honestly, I felt really carefree when I was playing Sc2 because I was away from reality. I have to admit I was addicted and I couldn't stop playing. It was to the point where I would forget to eat and push eating aside. Right now, I am suffering from lack of appetite. I know it's not a good thing, but to me right now food is not appealing to me at all.

All that runs though my mind is what I can do to improve my strategies in Sc2. This has got to come to a stop because I need to start thinking about what I want to do with my life and start getting back on school mode. I told myself I will not play Sc2 until winter break, maybe by that time I'll end up being a school nerd. Big accomplishment for me, I haven't been on it for almost 3 days. Not only have I not be on or playing Sc2, I haven't even watched a single youtube video about it. People around me are tempting me to play them, but I know I can resist because I have self control.

I know I am a girl and I love to play games. Just because I am a girl doesn't mean I can have fun on games either. Guys have the skills; girls can have it too. I've have people doubted me playing Sc2 saying I won't be as good as them. It took me less than 2 weeks to figure out strategies to win the game. I spent majority of my time on Sc2. I didn't get much sleep from playing Sc2. This had to come to an end, so I am giving it up for something better. School is my priority right now.

I am putting all my focus is school because it'll lead me to a better future. Playing games will not get me anywhere other than an enjoyment on a free time. I believe God has a lot for me and that's why I choose to be a Medical Assistant. I want to make a difference in someone's life, but if I don't change myself to be a better person. How can I put my hands out and help someone else? Some people may think I am crazy because I was so obsessed with "just a game."

It's okay because they'll never know what I have to go through and what has led me into the path of playing games; to hide from reality. I know we all have to face it and deal with it. We aren't as strong as we think we are. I am human, so I have feelings to. I am not a perfect person, but I push myself to make the best out of everything. When I thought I really wanted to be a Graphic Designer; it seems like God pointed me to what I really need to do. I am ready and I can't complain.

I will try to blog about my experience going through the Medical Assistant program, so I can look back later and reflect on what has happened. :)

2 comments:

Mika said...

Im proud of you =]


and if anymore people doubt you ill get em >=]

Nannerz said...

Yay, thanks Mika.