Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Workload

My full-time job at the moment is being a full time student. Yes, that can be very overwhelming. At least, that's how I feel. I looked at the syllabus last night before my first MA class; I was so freaked out and worried, but today when we were in class the teacher told us what the stuff were and that's less stressful. I am still paranoid about this whole "Medical Field" thing. I never really thought I would actually do it. I remember growing up I had so many options in mind. From being a laywer, teacher, and even a doctor. It has just never occurred to me until now that I actually want to be in the Medical field to be a MA. I am in the program and I am really exciting because I know I'll have a stable job and a settled income.

The hardest struggle I have right now is that I was never really exposed to the medical field, which can be very challenging for me. With all those medical terms I have to learn and memorize; makes it even harder for me sometimes. I am bilingual and I am pretty proud; being able to live in two different cultures makes me feel special, but then it's really hard to adapt/live in both. Lifestyles are lifestyles...it takes a while to change. I've been in the US for so long, so I guess I can say I am more Americanized in some ways. I actually still can't believe that in 1 year or 2 I'll be working as a MA in the field. I am still deciding if I want to go back to school after I am done with the program.

Today in class, we had to give a little self introduction about why we chose this program? I was startled because I didn't realize how many of us had the same path we're going through. Many of the classmates are in the program because it's easy to get into, it'll add points to your nursing, and also a pathway to some other career. Whatever it is, we all have to start somehow right? I am looking forward to making new friends; makes me feel anxious. It's like woah me make friends? That surprising because it's been so long...Lol

Until next time; gotta gets some sleep for my morning morning class. Good bye for now; readers, viewers, or whoever you are. ;)

No comments: